Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Paulette's Initial Posting

Okay. I'm finally taking the plunge and setting up my own blogspot. I've avoided it for some time but with the urging of my daughters, I'm going for it today.

Less than a week ago I just got back from Honduras. I met two other ladies (from North Dakota) in San Pedro Sula where we taught sewing at a center for the deaf. We also had ladies who could hear, but the major focus was for the deaf community.

I was sick and on antibiotics even before I left. Sleeping under airconditioning but working in conditions similar to a "sweat shop," I got worse as the week went on. I was thankful to get back home and go back to the doctor. The new antibiotic and two other prescriptions seem to finally be helping. Yea!!

My husband, Charlie, picked me up at the Atlanta airport. We spent Valentine's Day visiting the High Museum to see the Chinese Terra Cotta Soldiers display. Since we've been to China three times already, we were anxious to enjoy the exhibit.

So, this is a start. I'll see if I can continue to blog about ordinary, every day events taking place in my life. My motto is "A day without adventure is a day lost." Therefore, I hope I can always keep my postings interesting and adventureous.

No comments:

Post a Comment